Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Recipe: Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash

I like to cook but, ultimately I prefer to make meals which are quick, simple, and delicious. Lunch time is often a difficult time to find a quick healthy meal. I have found a simple recipe that I often turn to for a quick healthy mid-day meal - Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash.


You will need tomatoes (I prefer cherry tomatoes).
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

One ripe avocado (it is difficult to find Hass avocados in Germany so I take what I can get). 
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

One can of tuna. 
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

I start by slicing the tomatoes. If you are worried about the avocado being bad then you can certainly start there because I know there isn't much sadder than cutting open an avocado to see it is bad inside!
 
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

Next comes the sliced avocado.
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

After the avocado drain and add the tuna.
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe



Now that all the ingredients are in the bowl I like to add some seasoning. First I'll shake a little lemon juice over it. Then I'll pour some powdered garlic and ginger on. Finally depending on my mood and how spicy I want it I'll add red or black pepper. 
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

And now for the final step: The Mash!!!
Tuna, Avocado, and Tomato Mash Recipe

This simple delicious meal boasts the following nutritional information. 

Calories: 436
Fat: 24 (Don't worry this is the healthy fat that you want)
Carbs: 22g (It also has 12 grams of dietary fiber from the avocado)
Protein: 39g 

I like to enjoy this as a post resistance workout meal. You may want to add some extra carbohydrates if you are using this meal as your post resistance workout meal though. It is also a great recipe for anyone who is trying to limit their intake of carbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment